Summer 2015 Inspiration

So it is March, marking the soon to be official start of Spring, and the start of the second style season for me. In my mind, style has two seasonal equivalents. You seem to either have Autumn fashion, or Summer fashion. Somewhere in there is also holiday stuff. Today is the first day of Spring break for me, and my skin is currently getting over being sick this weekend (meaning I'm doing some majorly important re-hydrating and cleansing), so I thought I'd share some of the things that inspire me and my hair, nail, and fashion for Spring/Summer of 2015. I suppose you could see this as a sort of Get To Know Me: Style Edition. Also I'd love if you would all leave links to Pinterest boards, Instagram/Tumblr accounts, and other blogs that inspire your style. Or even if it's something you think I'd like.

Nails

 Instagram @thisisprima

I have been in love with this nail shape for quite awhile. I absolutely hated the harsh stiletto shape, and while I'm still not a fan of the almost inappropriately long talons, I love this softer almond shape. Before I leave for my cruise this spring, I plan on getting basically this exact shape and design done with acrylics. I will likely be substituting the black for gold though, because I think that gives it a softer look. Plus ever since I found out that stupid dress IS actually blue I've felt the need to love on the white and gold color scheme.




Source
This one is really easy, and while a little dark, I feel like it really does fit my style. When I do my laundry there are more blacks and blues than reds and whites. I like these probably for the time I'd be going to Warped Tour. They're decently short so I don't have to worry about accidentally impaling my eye while rubbing it or putting in contacts. Also I can DYI these. Sometimes I forget that my whole introduction to beauty blogging was when I got really good at nail art.















Source
Probably the only thing I plan to have done with my toes this summer. I'm not a big fan of people doing things to my feet, as I'm so ticklish, so I'll probably go get a pedicure when I get my acrylics, and then refresh the polish as needed through the summer. I think that the clean, white color is perfect, as it never looks like you've got a weird toe fungus, and it won't stain your nails. Basically I'm a lazy person and these are very low maintenance. 










Hair

Source
Curly hair has been calling my name for forever, and this subtle ombre is to die for. Now unless I win the lottery I will not be going for the colored look. Spending the initial money on something like this wouldn't bother me, but then upkeep... yeah, no. But the braids!!! And the curls!! And that BOW!!!!!!!! Basically it is fantastically girly and I want to incorporate it into my look. 














Source
I definitely like the more polished version of this look, where it looks like the hair is actually brushed. But I honestly can't tell you why the heck the literal hair bow makes me so happy. Maybe it's the fact that it's a little punny, or that the look is a cute, extra stylish way to keep your hair off the back of your neck. Of course I will probably fail miraculously at trying to do this with my hair. I'll keep you updated.















Fashion



Teenage Summer





Summer Lovin'


A Little Different


Wednesday

Wednesday by eyesonrhi featuring a flat top



So what things style wise are you looking forward to? Leave a comment down below and make sure you subscribe by email so you can be updated when I post my makeup and swimsuit inspiration!

1 comment:

Share Your Thoughts!