$10 Smashbox BB Cream Dupe

Pin me!


When I started with makeup, I was really obsessed with foundations that had a medium-full coverage that would give me a perfect blank canvas of a face. However, that turned out to be a terrible idea. I had no idea how to wear that amount of makeup. I ended up with this really odd texture that was one part my dry skin and one part what I was putting on top of that dry skin. I set out to find a BB cream to wear in the summer of 2015 that would get rid of the mass amount of redness in my face, but wouldn't look like I was wearing an inch of makeup. Too Faced, Urban Decay, and Benefit all were big let downs. Because I'm one of a handful of individuals that avoids tanning in the summer at all costs. So I did something I hadn't done in the year since I started my makeup obsession, I asked a Sephora sales associate for help. 



My spot on match was the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream with the tear inducing price tag of $39.  Needless to say I did not purchase it that day. Maybe it's just me but I find it hard to justify spending more than $25 on a foundation when it is going to be used up in about 2 months if used daily. 

I did get lucky and find someone willing to sell me a unused bottle that they bought on accident for $18 dollars. But I was right, it lasted about 2 months, even with 4 day a week usage. Meaning it lasted me one month of consistent usage. 

I ran out, I wanted to cry a bit, and I was back to using a foundation that was one shade too dark for me. 

That is, until a couple days ago when I headed into Sally's Beauty Supply. It was there that I found the Femme Couture Cosmetics CC Tinted Moisturizer. I bought it because it looked my color and was a tinted moisturizer. But when I got home and applied it I realized that it was basically a dupe for my oh so expensive Holy Grail BB cream. 

Buying the CC Cream from Sally's has a few pros and cons.

Pros:
  • $9.99 for almost twice the amount of product of the Smashbox BB Cream
  • Moisturizing but not too dewey
  • They actually make a shade for pale skin that offers some coverage and isn't glorified lotion
Cons:
  • There are only 4 shades available
  • No SPF
  • Not much known about the company
So go ahead and try it. Ten dollars may get you a new favorite face product!

Pin me!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts!