Blog Update!

Hello fellow beauty fanatics (AKA friends and family I’ve made read this blog)! I haven’t done much in the past week to create a cohesive blog post with one specific theme, so I figured I’d make this a sort of Update. I haven’t been posting this week because, as I’m sure you’ve noticed, I’ve been working really hard on making my blog look more visually appealing. When I say working hard, I mean I had to watch a million and one tutorials on how to do certain types of coding! See those fancy social media buttons to the right of the page that have replaced the cheesy “Like me! Follow me! Love me!” buttons that the websites provide? Yeah, those took me a good 3 hours to figure out how to do properly. Thank god for Google and Youtube! After going through and reading other popular beauty blogs I realized there was definitely something… off about my aesthetic. I’ve probably said it before but I’ll say it again now, if you clicked on it, it would feel like you stumbled on an old Myspace page… awkward. That being said it will probably change some more over the next few weeks, but nothing as drastic as the current update.

My blog as of this post!

In post related news, I’ve got some really exciting ideas, plus a few suggestions/requests. I did start to do a big post on eyeliner and how NOT to resemble a panda while wearing it, however as great as the iPhone 4 is, it is not ideal for filming tutorials or shooting pictorials. If people ask very nicely I might consider posting a few of the fails, just for a laugh. My Younique makeup came in this week, so once I have used those products for a good amount of time I will definitely write Younique Thoughts (Part 2). Part 1 can be found here.

My next proper product review will be one in a rather large series. Greta from Gbubbles soap (the soap I briefly mentioned in my makeup brush tutorial) has given me a sample of every soap she is currently selling in person at gun shows, and I will be reviewing all of them! Those will probably be catalogued on a static page, as there are so many of them. Because there are so many I will not be writing a post for each one individually, though there will be one review a week of 1-2 of them per week. This week’s will be on her Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey and her Virginia Honey bars (her full list of scents can be found here). Keep a look out for that on either Saturday or Sunday of this week.

I'm currently in possession of all of those small bars you see.



Finishing up, I’m considering keeping a tab of every beauty product I own as well as swatches for them all. Also the thoughts are bouncing around my head for a Twitter, but with everything else I have that’s definitely something I’m going to wait until I have a slightly more establishes schedule/abundance of posts. Until then, I’m going to post some of the looks I haven’t posted before below, with details of the products I used.

Blue and teal with cut crease, this was my first attempt at this style!
Products Used
 Urban Decay Deep End and Maui Wowie
e.l.f. Wicked Beauty Book Black
e.l.f. Cream Eyeliner in Black
Covergirl Lastblast Volume Mascara.


My take on a classic cat eye with red lip! I love the picture in the bottom right!
Products Used
e.l.f. 150 Geometric Pallet (white, nude, cocoa shadows)
e.l.f. 150 Geometric Pallet (dark brown shadow for eyebrows)
e.l.f. Cream Eyeliner in Black
e.l.f. Lengthening and Defining Mascara in Black (1 coat)
Covergirl Lashblast Volume Mascara in Very Black (2 coats)
e.l.f. Mineral Color Correcting Primer
e.l.f. Studio Flawless Finish Foundation in Porcelain
Bare Minerals Mineral Vale (to set foundation)
e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip in Pink Lemonade
Rimmel London Kate Moss lipstick in 01

A very natural everyday look using my favorite everyday lipcolor.
Products Used
Urban Decay Naked Pallet (Virgin and Buck)
e.l.f. 150 Geometric Eyeshadow Pallet (dark brown on brows)
e.l.f. Cream Eyeliner in Black
Covergirl Lashblast Volume Mascara in Very Black (2 coats)
e.l.f. Mineral Color Correcting Primer
e.l.f. Studio Flawless Finish Foundation in Porcelain
Bare Minerals Mineral Veil
Ulta Blush in Sweet Cheeks and Flushed
e.l.f. Matte Lip Color in Praline

Now it's your turn! Leave a comment below with your favorite look, and I'll create a tutorial on how I did it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts!