My Shameless Obsession With Urban Decay: The Electric Palette

So, remember my adventures in Sephora? I believe we had a moment like this:














Let me say it does describe that moment when I have to decide what to buy perfectly. My stomach drops, and my mind begins to calculate what I could have gotten instead. That's exactly how I felt on the way home from the mall the day I purchased the Electric Palette. The reason I did was simple; it was the weekend of the Vice LTD palette launching at Ulta, and I was hopeful that either there or Sephora would have a lonesome Vice 3 left... but of course they didn't. The next three hours was spent with my friend looking around aimlessly for something to fill the hole that the Vice 3 left in my heart. Two hours later I hadn't found something, and the only thing I knew I wanted was pink. My best friend (and most dangerous friend to be in a makeup store with) pointed at the Electric Palette for two reasons. 1) Pink! and 2) Sparkly/crazyness. Of course I've seen it before and always rolled my eyes because what a freaking worthless palette. What would I do with that? But we all know this ended with me purchasing it and walking out of the store with it. Regret happened again when I realized four of the colors couldn't be used on the eyes (or so I thought, check out the answer to the safety question in my next post). However, now I can't imagine living without it.

The Electric Palette
Year Sold- 2014 (still being sold)
Year Purchased- 2015






The Packaging- Pretty? Check. Sturdy? Check. Great mirror? Check. Basically I have no complaints about the packaging. It's much sleeker than any other Urban Decay palettes I own, and has the most sturdy closer of them all. This palette has a magnetic closure, which I normally feel can come a bit loose, but this is one of those super magnets like you used in middle school science class. Yeah, it's that awesome.

Swatches and Color Reviews!


Revolt- When I can say a super shimmer metallic
silver is the most boring color in the palette
you know you've done something right.
Revolt is a very smooth, silver color that can be 
layered over a color to make that color
metallic, or layered several times over 
itself to make a very opaque silver.

Gonzo- Bright electric blue matte shadow
with light blue sparkles. It's got the same texture
as my favorite Urban Decay mattes.

Slowburn*- Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. I have
not used this color on my eyes yet but I've swatched
it over and over and I really want to use this in a sunset
eye. This isn't a matte shadow but ti seems to have
the texture of one, making me think that rather 
than a satin finish it just has many micro glitters.


Savage*- My favorite shadow in this palette 
and it's why I bought it! Matte pink deliciousness.

Fringe- This actually honestly just reminds me of
Deep End, meaning it's the third teal I own, I don't
wear many teal eyeshadows 

Chaos-
I'm pretty positive this color is called chaos because
of the chaos it's causing in my mind. TARDIS BLUE
EYE SHADOW OKAY?!? Fangirl moment over, this
is pretty legitimately a great true royal blue. 


Thrash- When describing this color casually I will
refer to it as the "ugly yellow green", but I mean that 
in the most loving way because I love this perfect
acid green. I don't know how I'm going to be able to 
use it but it's a green/yellow with gold sparkles
and a satin type finish.

Freak- TINKERBELL GREEN. The Disney obsessed
girl in me loves this. I can honestly relate every single
color in this palette to a fandom and it would fit perfectly.
Freak is... freaky. Previous pictures probably showcase
my green walls, green stuffed animals, maybe green
clothes, because I love green and I love this pastel
green with a satin finish.

  
Comment if you remember this commercial.

Urban*- Wanna know how I feel about this? See above gif.
It is the purpley-est purple to ever purple with a gorgeous
satin finish. It has more of a pink/red undertone
than a blue undertone and holy cow! Purple!

Jilted*- Pinky-purple! It's seriously like a neon version of 
Fishnet which I have come to love even more in the last week.
It has a satin finish with a slight hint of shimmer. Yay!

*These products are not approved for use in the immediate eye area by the FDA.

Over all, I didn't think I would ever use it and I thought the people that would dish out $49 on a palette with this kind of color scheme. Now I can't imagine being without it. 10/10 DO recommend.

Disclaimer: This isn't sponsor. Urban Decay doesn't know me. And I don't own any of the rights to Peter Pan or Tinkerbell.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts!